The Yukon Historical & Museums Association is organizing a major international conference on Yukon and the North in World War I. Co-sponsored by the International Centre for Northern Governance & Development at the University of Saskatchewan and in partnership with Yukon College, the role of the North in the First World War will receive long-overdue attention in this 100th anniversary international conference to be held in Whitehorse, May 2016.
Reporting to the YHMA Executive Director and the Co-Chair of the YHMA Conference Committee, the Conference Coordinator will play an integral role in the successful delivery of the event.
The Coordinator will be responsible for several key activities associated with the organization of the conference, including:
Work will primarily take place in Whitehorse, and the applicant will have access to the YHMA office resources in order to carry out their work.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, detail-oriented and organized multi-tasker who excels in a deadline-based, team environment. Experience in organizing major events a definite asset.
- Minimum two years of demonstrable administrative, marketing, or event planning experience
- Exceptional budget management, negotiation and organizational skills
- Capable of understanding priorities and working efficiently under pressure
- Able to think, plan and execute resourcefully
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in a variety of computer programs
650 hours, until August 2016.
$20-25/hr, based on experience.
Reply with CV and cover letter by August 28, 2015 at 5:00pm to:
Yukon Historical & Museums Association
3126 Third Ave., Whitehorse YT Y1A 1E7
f: 867.667.4506 | email@example.com