The 2013 Canadian Museums Association (CMA) National Conference is coming to the Yukon!
Conference Theme: Cultural Collaboration
Building on the success of recent conferences, CMA 2013 is designed to provide Canadian museum professionals with critical information to streamline their institutions’ effectiveness. In gathering professionals from across Canada, this conference provides a unique opportunity to explore cultural collaborations and other topics of importance to our community.
For the small and diverse communities of Yukon, collaboration is paramount to the success of our museums, cultural centres, galleries, parks, and heritage sites. This year’s conference will provide invaluable learning opportunities for Yukon cultural workers, with plenaries, breakout sessions, case studies and key note speakers exploring topics such as strategies for building partnerships and best practices for small- and single-staff museums. Presenters from across Canada will also offer regional, national, and international perspectives on a variety of other key issues facing our institutions today.
More than 200 decision-makers who are directly involved with Canada’s cultural institutions are expected to participate. These will include executive directors, chief financial officers, curators, educators, interpreters, volunteers, students, senior managers, and board members.
CMA conference at a glance (tentative)
The 66th CMA Conference will take place in Whitehorse on May 29-30, 2013. With financial assistance provided by the Department of Tourism and Culture, YHMA is pleased to offer this one-time funding opportunity to eligible applicants.
Thanks to Minister Mike Nixon, this funding – totalling $25,000 – will cover the cost of registration fees for 50 Yukon delegates to attend the conference. To take advantage of this excellent learning opportunity, fill in the attached application form. If successful, you will be required to submit a post-conference report.
What this fund covers:
- ONLY conference registration fees for the 2013 CMA National Conference (early bird registration fee of $500 includes some meals and evening events on those days).
- This one-time fund does not cover travel, per diems, or pre and/or post conference workshops and study tours. We encourage applicants to apply to the Yukon Heritage Training Fund for financial support for these training opportunities.
- For full fee details, visit the CMA website at www.museums.ca
- Must be a Yukon resident and Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Priority given to applicants working in or affiliated with the culture and heritage sector
- Must submit a final report
How it works:
- Apply to YHMA by February 1, 2013 (application form attached).
Applications are being accepted immediately.
Note: This funding covers conference fees only. If you wish to apply for funding for other expenses related to the workshops that happen in conjunction with the conference, please apply to the Heritage Training Fund
- If approved, you require:
–$100 deposit - to be returned on receipt of final report
–A current YHMA membership
If approved, YHMA will register you directly to the conference.
For more information, contact:
Yukon Historical & Museums Association
3126 Third Avenue, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 1E7
Tel: (867)667-4704 Fax: (867)667-4506 e-mail: email@example.com