One-storey Log Residence
The building is a log dwelling with gable roofs in a L-shaped plan. The roof was covered in log addit asphalt shingles.
In 1956 a log addition was constructed to the front along with a porch on the west side and the interior was renovated.
This house is believed to have been built around 1910 at the Whitehorse Copper Mine site and moved to its present location in the 1930's.
In 1942, Yukon Southern Air Transport Ltd. purchased it and rented it out to its employees. It was later owned by Canadian Pacific Airlines which took over operations from YSAT.
In 1961, the house was purchased by Cal and Norma Waddington who resided in the house until the mid-1960's. Mr. Waddington worked as a producer for twenty years with CBC Radio in the Yukon.
When the house was sold to the Listers in 1965, after sustaining damage in a fire, two bedrooms were added to the front of the house, a porch was added to the side, and the interior was renovated extensively.
The house is named after the Garsides, the longest residents of the house thus far. The Garsides came to the Yukon in 1958 to work at the Chooutla Indian Residential School in Carcross.