212 Hanson Street
Refer to the Grant House
1-1/2 Storey Log Building with Wood Frame Addition
It is a 1-1/2 storey log building with a gable roof. The concrete foundation has a basement and the roof has asphalt shingles. There is a new two-storey frame addition to rear build in 1980 which has ship lap wood siding.
This house was built in the early 1940’s by Albert Taylor, who was in charge of ladies’ and men’s wear at the Taylor and Drury store. In 1949, Bill Drury Jr. moved in with his family. In keeping with the successful Taylor and Drury partnership legacy, Bill Drury Jr. and Bill Taylor opened Taylor and Drury Motors, which later became Yukon Motors and Taylor Chev/Olds. The house was purchased in 1979 by Cable, Veale, Cosco, and Morris, barristers and solicitors, who renovated the house and added an addition to the rear to accommodate their offices.